What Is a Heart Rhythm Monitor?
Cardiac Solutions utilizes heart rhythm monitoring for our Peoria, AZ patients to help us detect and diagnose heart arrhythmias or irregularities. We offer multiple options to monitor your heart rhythm accurately and find any underlying heart issues. Since 1984, our board-certified cardiology team has stayed a step in front of heart issues with our high-quality care and services. We work with you to optimize your heart health and find the best possible treatments for your needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Why Monitor Your Heart?
A heart rate monitor offers an ideal option to help us receive information about your heart without interrupting your daily activities. A rhythm heart rate monitor often detects underlying conditions and allows us to remain proactive about every patient’s heart health. Heart monitoring captures irregular heart rhythms that infrequently happen without symptoms. We will determine if a heart rate monitor is the best option for your heart health needs.
Types of Heart Rhythm Monitors
There are multiple types of heart rhythm monitors that help us effectively monitor your heart rate. The most common types of cardiac monitoring systems include:
- Holter Monitor – A Holter monitor is a portable, external monitor with wires and patches that measures heart activity for a few days. We often ask you to keep a diary while wearing the monitor to detail your daily activities and symptoms.
- Event Monitor– An event recorder is worn for up to 30 days and works by pushing a button to record your heart’s activity. When heart symptoms arise, you press an activation button to prompt the monitor to record your arrhythmia.
- Electrocardiography – An ECG or EKG records your heart’s electrical activity. We attach sensors to the skin that detect electrical signals each time your heart beats.
Benefits of Using a Heart Monitors
Cardiac monitors offer many benefits and help specialists determine the cause of heart irregularities. The most significant benefits of using a heart monitor include:
- Detects irregular heartbeats without symptoms
- Records heart activity throughout the day for more accurate results than an ECG
- Records of offbeat heart rhythms that are often missed
- Help find the root of heart irregularities to determine an effective treatment
Cardiac Rhythm Monitoring to Support a Diagnosis
If your doctor suspects health concerns that may be related to your heart, we often recommend heart rhythm monitoring. Cardiac monitoring can help eliminate or diagnose a heart rhythm disorder. Continuous heart monitoring assists in diagnosing health conditions, including:
- Heart Palpitations
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Unexplained Fainting
Cardiac Monitoring for Condition Management
Atrial fibrillation causes the upper heart chambers to beat quickly and irregularly. If you have an irregular heart rhythm, cardiac monitoring can help determine how often and how long your A-Fib lasts. Many doctors use heart rhythm monitors to evaluate the effectiveness of treatments.
Contact Us Today for Cardiac Monitoring
Cardiac Solutions treats a wide range of cardiovascular diseases, from heart arrhythmias and chronic venous disease to carotid artery disease and heart failure. We offer a wide range of cardiac diagnostic testing to meet your needs. Our offices in Peoria, Sun City West, and Glendale make it convenient for you to find the care you need. Dr. Joseph Caplan and our experienced team customize your cardiovascular care to meet your precise needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.